Saturday, February 6, 2016

Ebony Black Cardigan

I have been trying for years to make myself a sweater. Over the many years, I have failed over ten times (so much yarn, time, and effort wasted!! lol jk). My favourite blogger Stephanie Jessica Lau made this beautiful sweater cape, and I was determined to make it. I decided to make my sweater black because it is one of my favourite colours for clothes, and it matches well with my closet. :)

At my local craft store, I bought 4 balls of Caron Simply Soft Yarn in Black.

I love love this colour because it is very versatile and goes with everything.

Before making the sweater, I wanted to practice the "moss stitch" since I have never used it in any of my projects before.
I love the look and texture of this stitch! It is also really easy to crochet. :)
To start making the sweater, I ch 117 sts and began working the moss stitch for 100 rows.



Next, I began to make the two panels. Panel #1 done!

Then, I folded both panels down towards the bottom of the rectangle and sewed the edges partially.

Finally, I made the sleeves and attached them to the sweater.


(I did not make the bottom rib for the sweater because if I did, my sweater would be too long.)

Tada! I FINALLY finished making my own sweater! I am very happy with how this turned out. I will definitely wear this all the time. :)

This sweater is so soft and comfy.

Awkward poses^

I am obviously really happy with how this sweater turned out. :P

Outtakes
 (Awkward attempt at smiling ^)
(I think something was in my eye ^)

Thank you, Stephanie for this pattern!! I love my new sweater. :)
I hope you liked reading this post. See you later!
Happy crocheting and crafting!
Anna

2 comments:

  1. I really like your sweater! Do you wear it much?
    I'm in the completing stages of mine and you definitely inspired me to make it black! I wasn't sure the moss stitch would show well enough, but your post convinced me ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked it! :D I actually do wear my sweater quite a bit. Many of my friends were shocked that I made it. :P I hope you like your sweater as much as I do! :)

      Anna

      Delete