Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Granny Square Bag Pattern

Hey y'all!
   I made lots of Granny Squares for a quilt that I was making at home, but I didn't want to carry all of those squares in my backpack when traveling on the plane. So, I quickly sewed them all together and made a sling bag! :)


Here is the free pattern:
 Materials

  • Caron Simply Soft in Bone
  • Size 4.25mm crochet hook
  • Yarn needle
Pattern
     Bag
make 15 Granny Squares and sew them together in 3 rows with 5 squares in each row.

It should look like this:
Fold the rectangle vertically, and then sew the sides together. 
Strap
ch 81/91.
Row 1: sc into the 2nd ch away from the hook. Sc in every ch across.
BO

Finishing

  • Sew the strap onto the sides of the bag.
  • Weave in loose ends. 


And there you have it!! Please send me pictures of the bags that you made form this pattern. Please do not take and sell this pattern as your own, and you may not sell that items that you made from this pattern or anything that I designed. Thank you!

Happy Crocheting!

Anna out.


This pattern is an original pattern by Anna S. from Spool of Sunshine(June 2013). Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very cute bag!! I love it and its so simple. Thanks for the quick tutorial on granny squares too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!:) if you do make it? Pleas send me a picture of it. :D

    Anna S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for all of the typos..:( I am using an iPhone.:)

      Delete
  3. Are they traditional granny squares? Hard to see and there was no pattern listed. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Heather!
      Yes, they are traditional Granny Squares. I provided a video that will show you how to make one. I hoped that answered your question!!:)

      Delete