Monday, December 2, 2013

Pattern: Amigurumi Fox

Let's make this cutie!! :) It is super easy and simple.

Materials
  • Orange, White, and a little bit of red yarn
  • Size 3.25 crochet hook
  • Stuffing
  • Little bit of black felt
  • Glue gun with glue sticks
  •  Size 12mm safety eyes
  • Darning Needle
Head
With Orange Yarn:
 Rnd 1: ch2 and 6sc into the 2nd ch away from the hook. (6sts)
 Rnd 2: 2 sc in every st around. (12sts)
 Rnd 3: {sc1 , 2 sc in the next st} repeat around. (18tsts)
 Rnd 4: {sc 2, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around. (24 sts)
 Rnd 5: {sc 3, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around. (30 sts)
 Rnd 6: {sc 4, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around.(36 sts)
 Rnd 7: {sc 5, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around.(42 sts)
 Rnd 8: {sc 6, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around.(48 sts)
 Rnd 9-12: sc in every st around. ( 48sts)
Switch to white yarn
 Rnd 13: sc in every st around. (48sts)
 Rnd 14: {sc 6, dec}repeat around.(42 sts)
 Rnd 15: {sc 5, dec} repeat around.(36 sts)
 Rnd 16: {sc 4, dec} repeat around.(30 sts)
Place safety eyes in between Rnd 12 and 13.  
 Rnd 17: {sc 3,dec} repeat around.(24 sts)
 Rnd 18: {sc 2, dec} repeat around.(18sts)
Stuff head.
 Rnd 19: {sc 1, dec} repeat around.(12 sts)
 Rnd 20: { dec} repeat around. (6sts)
Bind off with a long tail to close the hole. 

Body
With orange yarn:
Rnd 1: ch 2 and 6 sc in the second ch away from the hook.(6 sts)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in every st around. (12 sts)
Rnd 3: {sc 1,2 sc in the next st.} repeat around. (18 sts.)
Rnd 4: { sc 2, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around. (24 sts)
Rnd 5&6: sc in every st around.
Switch to white yarn
Rnd 7&8: sc in every st around. 
Rnd 9: {sc 2, dec} repeat around. (18 sts)
Bind off and stuff tightly.

Ears( make two)
With red yarn:
Ch 2
Rnd 1: 6 sc in the second ch away from the hook(6sts)
Rnd 2: 2sc in every st around(12 sts)
Rnd 3: sc in every st around. (12 sts)
Switch to orange yarn
Rnd 4: {sc 1, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around. (18 sts)
Rnd 5-7: sc in every st around
Bind off with a long tail for sewing.

Arms and legs( make 4) 
With white yarn
Rnd 1: ch 2 and 6 sc in the second ch away from the hook.(6 sts)
Rnd 2&3: sc in every st around (6 sts)
Switch to orange yarn
Rnd 4-6: sc in every st around. (6 sts)
Bind off with a long tail for sewing. 

Finishing
With black felt, cut a small triangle for the fox's nose and glue gun it to the fox's face. Sew the ears on the head without stuffing them. Sew the body underneath the head. Sew the arms onto the body. 
Weave in loose ends. 

And voila! Whew! It has been a while since I wrote an amigurumi pattern! :D 

Have a great day of crocheting and crafting!! ❤️❤️

❤️Anna
This pattern is an original pattern by Anna S. from Spool of Sunshine(December 2013). Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern.

48 comments:

  1. Thank you for this cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body :round 8 is on there twice, I'm assuming the second time is suppose to be round 9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are right! :) I will fix that.
      Thank you for letting me know about that.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh he is sooo cute :) <3 <3 thanks a lot for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be adorable with one :) I suck at making my own patterns... is there any way you could put up a little pattern for me? :D because I just love this little fox and would love to make one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! You can either make a thin tail or a thicker tail, but I will give the patterns for both. : ) Here it is:
      Thin tail:
      Using white yarn, Ch2
      R1: in the 2nd ch away from the hook, 6 sc
      R2 and 3: sc in every st around.
      Change to orange yarn
      R4,5,and 6: sc in every st around.
      BO with a long tail for sewing and sew to the back of the fox

      OR
      Thicker tail:
      Using white yarn, ch2
      R1: 6 sc into the 2nd ch away from the hook
      R2: 2sc in every st around (12sts)
      R3 and 4: sc in every st around
      Switch to orange yarn
      R5,6,7,and 8: sc in every st around
      BO with a long tail for sewing and sew to the back of the fox.

      Delete
    2. I made a bushier tail. Using white yarn
      R1) 6 sc in magic ring. (6)
      R2) 2sc in every st around (12)
      R3) *3 sc, 2 sc in next st, repeat (15)
      R4) sc around (15)
      Switch to orange yarn.
      R5) sc around (15)
      R6) *3 sc, dec 1, repeat (12)
      R7) sc around (12)
      R8) *2 sc, dec 1, repeat (9)
      R9) sc around (9)
      R10) *sc, dec 1, repeat (6)
      R11) sc around (6)
      Bind off w/a long tail for sewing.

      Delete
    3. I also made pointy ears. With red yarn:
      R1) 3sc in magic ring (3)
      R2) 2 sc in each st around (6)
      R3) *2sc in next st, 1sc in next, repeat (9)
      R4) *2sc in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts (12)
      Switch to orange yarn:
      R5) sc around (12)
      R6) *2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 sts (15)
      R7) sc around
      Bind off leaving long tail for sewing.


      Hope this makes your fox cute!

      Delete
    4. Awesome additions!! I love the bushier tail too

      Delete
  5. =^_^= Thank you so much!!!!!!! It's going to be so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Rachel! :) When you finish making it, please feel free to send me a picture of your new friend at spoolofsunshine@gmail.com! :D

      Delete
  6. I sure will! It might be a little while though because i had to order safety eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute but im a visual learner. wish this was on youtube so i can learn how to do it better. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! :) I will try to make one if I have any extra spare time. ;)

      Delete
  8. Hello Anna,

    this little fox is adorable. But I'm from Germany and also have not very much knowledge in this. It would be so nice, if you could give me a short legend, what the given instructions are. f.e: ch2, sc, st, sts. So it would be easier for me to understand. I'm not familar with this short terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I can totally understand how hard it is to see a bunch of weird abbreviations(it has happened to me many times before.:))! You can look at my abbreviations page if you are confused by any abbreviations. You can either click the link at the top of the page or use this link:
      http://spoolofsunshine.blogspot.com/p/abbreviations.html

      Hope this helps!! :)
      ~Anna~

      Delete
  9. ♥ i placed the link on my public FB site
    https://www.facebook.com/jennekevm?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO MUCH! He's soooooo cute! I love and collect fox's. And thanks for your generosity. I can't wait to crochet him. Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad to hear that you like my fox. :)

      Delete
  11. The finish ears is not the same at the picture, the pattern is wrong , i think the row 4 isn't go here... The fox is adorable! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked back at the pattern, and i think it is correct. I will look back though just in case. thanks for letting me know!! :)

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!!! I just thought You'd like to see the Fox I made with your pattern. :)

    http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s597/Blissful-creations/11125105_10153256102410865_1948794162_n.jpg

    I did make a couple of adjustments, instead of doing the head and body as separate pieces I joined them into one piece by not working the last round of the head and going straight into the second to last round of the body and working the rounds backwards. I also could not get the ears to look pointed, so I made corners in the ears by inc in the 'corners' of the round. (sc inc, sc, sc inc, rnd 2 sc inc, sc sc, sc inc ect) Thanks so much for the pattern and the inspiration!! It's so adorable!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blissy! I saw your fox and it look awesome! I love how the fox is grey. :) Thank you so much for making the fox and I am glad you liked the pattern. :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks! Your little fox is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi im from philippines. I love the fox you made its so adorable and cute, hoping that i can make one too. I will post my fox as soon i finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

      Delete
  16. Hey! I’m looking at the body compared to the head and it looks sooo small. Plus, the arms from the pattern look like half the size of the arms in the picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The head should be almost twice the size of the body because I like chibi-like proportions haha but if you don't like those proportions, you can make the body bigger by making the foundation circle bigger by one rnd. You can insert the rnd: {sc 3, 2 sc in the next st} repeat around. (30 sts) right after rnd 4.
      As for the arms, if they seem too small, you can make them bigger by using a bigger sized hook.

      Hope these tips help!! :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, thank you! I really like it too! ❤️. I kept the body the same size but made the arms with 8 stitches instead of 6, and added two more rows, and that worked! I’m also using that tail pattern you shuggested. I’m actually make a white fox- I’m making a whole collection with slightly different patterns, like bears, bats, owls, dogs...! Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Sounds awesome! Hope your collection turns out well <3

      Delete
  17. Hey! I was wondering if I could sell some of the animals I make from your pattern? I could just sell the ones I change up some- I could also credit you for the pattern. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, you can sell the finished product as long as you give me credit for the pattern :)
      Thank you for asking! <3

      Delete
  18. Thank you for sharing this cute pattern. Hope i can make them too for my kiddos. Thumbs up for you Anna S. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much :) I hope it turns out well for your kids!

      Delete