Friday, May 31, 2013

Cupcake pattern!

Hey y'all!!

   I LOVE cupcakes. A nice woman from my church makes a ton of DELICIOUS cupcakes. So, I decided to make a cupcake for her! :D I was looking through Ana Paula Rimoli's crocheting books, and I saw this adorable cupcake:

I loved it, but I wanted to make up my own pattern for a crocheted cupcake. It took a long time for me to figure out what I wanted my cupcake to look like. I was having a hard time executing on what I wanted the pattern to be like. Finally, I made a rough sketch:

Then, I decided to begin to crochet the top first, then sew it onto the bottom. After I made my top part(aka, the frosting), I was really happy about the way it turned out to look like! :P Then I decided to make my cupcake different than Anna Paula Rimoli's by adding the eyes on the frosting instead of the placing the eyes on the cake part! :) And I also decided to not add the cherry on top of the cupcake. (I was a little sad about this decision. :( )  Then, I embroidered sprinkles on the frosting part of the cupcake! Finally, I was done with my cupcake. I was so happy about the way it turned out! Here it is:

So, here is the pattern for it!! :)

Top. (Frosting part)
With pink yarn, ch 2
Rnd1: 6 sc into the 2nd ch away from the hook.
Rnd 2: 2 sc into every st around. (12 sts)
Rnd 3: sc 1, then 2 sc into the next st. Repeat around. 
Rnd 4: 5hdc into the first st, then sk one st, and then sl st into the next st. Repeat around. 
BO

Bottom. (Cake part)
With brown or yellow yarn, ch 2
Rnd 1: 6 sc into the 2nd ch away from the hook.
Rnd 2: 2 sc into every st around. (12 sts)
Rnd 3: sc 1, 2sc into the next st. Repeat around. 
Rnd 4 and 5: sc in every st around. 
BO

Finishing.
Attach safety eyes on the frosting part. Sew the top on the bottom.(Remember to stuff before sewing it up!! :) ) embroider sprinkles and a V for the mouth. Enjoy!


And there you have it!! :) Please tell me if there are any mistakes in this pattern!! Im gonna leave for Taiwan on Sunday! Im super excited! (This is my 21st time going to Taiwan.) 
Enjoy your little cupcakes and Happy Crocheting!!


Anna out. 


This pattern is an original pattern by Anna S. from Spool of Sunshine(June 2013). Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment