Saturday, May 11, 2013

Granny Pentagon Pattern!


Hey y'all!
I was on Spring Break and I only brought one ball of green yarn to the hotel that I was staying at for vacation. I was just playing around with some granny squares then I got the BRILLIANT idea to make a granny PENTAGON instead of a regular granny square. Here is the finished product of my Granny Pentagon:



                                             Soooo Here is the pattern for the granny pentagon!!

Materials:
Size 5.5mm crochet hook
WW yarn in Red Heart Softs and Heathers in Guacamole
Yarn Needle
Special Stitches
Granny Cluster: 3 dc
Granny Shell: 3 dc, ch 2, then 3 dc into the same place.
Ch 3
Rnd 1: 2 dc into the 3rd ch away from the hook, and then ch 1. (ch 2, and 3 dc into the center.) repeat 4 more times. join with a sl stitch.
Rnd 2: Ch 3. (Granny Shell into the ch 2 space. ch 1. ) Repeat around. Join with a sl st.
Rnd 3 - the granny pentagon is at the desired size.: Crochet Granny Shells in every corner, and crochet Granny Clusters into every space except for the corners. ( There should be 5 corners when you are done with every rnd.)
BO
Finishing:
Weave in all loose ends
All done! These could make GREAT coasters. You could also make a TON of them, sew them together, and make a blanket! Happy Crocheting/ Knitting!!
( Note:  If, I confused you, please comment on my post or you can email me and Elise and Phoebe at spoolofsunshine@gmail.com)

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment