Saturday, May 11, 2013

Granny Triangle Coaster Pattern!


Hey y'all!!
I love to make Granny squares. After I made my Granny Pentagon, I wanted to try a different shape. I finally decided to make a Granny Triangle! At first, my triangle looked like the ugliest thing on the planet. I threw it away and started a new one. The 2nd one looked even worse! I was about to give up, until my mom encouraged me to keep on trying and to not give up. After the 3rd try, I finally and successfully did it! I made a Granny Triangle!! :P


Here is the official pattern for the Granny Triangle!!
Special Stitches:
Granny Cluster: 3 dc in a st
Granny Shell: 3 dc in the st, ch 2, then 3 dc in the same st.
  Ch 3 and join with a slip st.
Rnd 1: ch 3,granny cluster into the center, ch2,granny cluster, ch2, granny cluster, and join to ch 3
Rnd 2: ch 3, Granny shell, ch 1 in every ch 2 space
Rnd 3: ch 3, (granny cluster in ch 1 sp, ch 1, Granny shell in ch 2 space, ch 1.) Repeat around.
 BO.
If you want, you can keep on going by doing a Granny Shell in every corner(there should be 3), and doing a Granny Cluster in everything else.
Here is another Granny Triangle I made:


I hope you enjoy this simple pattern! 

Happy Crocheting/knitting!!


Anna

2 comments: